Indeed, there were plenty of foreigners, but also many Chinese on the same pilgrimage as I.
The Forbidden City!
There it is, pilgrimage complete! All these years, I knew that one of vacant spots in my soul was reserved for a photo of me and the Chairman Mao. Consider it filled!
A closeup for those of you who could not see the remarkable reincarnated resemblence between the Chairman and I. And, of course, my eyes are closed, just as his were during the c-u-l-t-u-r-a-l r-e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n. (hyphens are used to avoid blocking/screening by the C-h-i-n-e-s-e G-0-v-e-r-n-m-e-n-t.)
The Chairman is rolling over in his grave right now! Capitalist Coca-Cola for sale just a few hundred feet from his frozen rigor mortis body. "Those capitalist pigs!"
Another sighting of the Chairman! This time in stone, where it shall last forever, just like his visions.
Revolution! And there, standing next to it, is one more gear in the machine.
There she is - the site of patriotism and the unspoken political dissent.
China has its own Bridge to Nowhere! Take that Senator Stevens! Note: An official Dallas Maverick is working in the foreground. After my time with the Chairman in Tian'anmen, I visited some parks north of the Square.
The only thing US 231 and China have in common is that there are bonsai trees all over the place. This is a little bitty teensy weensy Crepe Myrtle.
The Forbidden City, as seen from a man-made hill constructed from the soil removed from the moat around the Forbidden City.
Mo' bonsai.



The only thing US 231 and China have in common is that there are bonsai trees all over the place. This is a little bitty teensy weensy Crepe Myrtle.
The Forbidden City, as seen from a man-made hill constructed from the soil removed from the moat around the Forbidden City.
Mo' bonsai. 


1 comment:
Orange Hair Growing Out Of Face, these pics are great. I have to admit I haven't been to your blog in a while, and the photo of the corn ice cream BLEW MY FUCKING MIND. Nick and I were in Yellowstone last week and picked up an exchange employee from Hong Kong who was hitchhiking. We hit it off when he told us his favorite NBA team was from Denver, like us.
Post a Comment